What You Need to Know About Frank LaRose and His Close Ties to State Issue 1
August 8, 2023
Ohioans to decide on LaRose’s amendment today
Ohioans will decide on Frank LaRose’s amendment today and LaRose’s close ties to State Issue 1 continue to backfire on him and suffocate his Senate campaign.
“No matter the outcome, Frank LaRose made himself the biggest loser and is now the face of an effort designed to help special interests and silence Ohioans,” said Reeves Oyster, Ohio Democratic Party spokesperson.
Here’s what you need to know about Frank LaRose and his close ties to State Issue 1:
- LaRose made himself “the face of” State Issue 1 – an effort that is designed to help special interests while silencing the Ohioans he’s supposed to be working for.
- LaRose hurt himself by putting himself at the center of State Issue 1 and has been dogged by ethics complaints, scrutiny, and criticism from his primary opponents for how he’s mishandled the issue.
- In May, LaRose admitted that State Issue 1 is “100%” about abortion – “frustrat[ing]” proponents of the issue, who have admitted that the focus on abortion has not been helpful.
- By putting himself at the center of the August election, LaRose is “obscuring” and suffocating his Senate campaign launch.
- In a “hail mary pass” last week, LaRose tried to run for cover by pulling his primary opponents closer to State Issue 1 – only pouring more gasoline on the Ohio primary fire.
- Pundits have noted that if State Issue 1 fails, it could “fall on” LaRose and “hurt” his Senate campaign.