Washington Post’s Dana Milbank Slams J.D. Vance For His “Elite-Level Phoniness”
March 28, 2022
Columbus, OH — In new commentary in the Washington Post, Dana Milbank slams Silicon Valley Vance for his “elite-level phoniness.” Vance has made his crusade against elites a major theme of his campaign, despite the fact that he freely admits it is “objectively true” that he’s an elite himself.
“Ohioans know the real Silicon Valley Vance: an Ivy League-educated, Big Tech elite profiteer,” said Michael Beyer, a spokesperson for the Ohio Democratic Party.
March 25, 2022
- These phonies must be onto something, because a new generation of pretend populists aims to join them in the Senate.
- Then there’s J.D. Vance, Republican Senate candidate in Ohio, who bemoans that “our elites don’t care about the American people” and the “elites in the ruling class in this country are robbing us blind.”
- “Us”? Before running for office, Vance, another Yale Law School graduate, allowed that it was “objectively true” that he’s an elite. Now Vance even attacks Republican elites, saying, “Establishment Republican apologies for our oligarchy should always come with the following disclaimer: ‘Big Tech pays my salary.’”
- So who pays Vance’s salary? CNBC reported that “a great deal” of Vance’s income came from ventures linked to Big Tech billionaire investor Peter Thiel and other tech investors.
- That’s some elite-level phoniness.