Mike Pence Visit Reminds Ohioans That #OHSEN Republicans Support an Extreme Abortion Ban
May 9, 2023
Former Vice President Mike Pence – who has called for a national abortion ban – will be in Ohio today to speak at an anti-abortion organization’s fundraiser in Cincinnati. Pence’s visit is a reminder that all Republicans running for Ohio’s Senate seat hold extreme positions on abortion, including support for extreme bans that make no exceptions for rape or incest.
“Mike Pence’s visit in Cincinnati is a reminder for all Ohioans that Matt Dolan, Bernie Moreno, Frank LaRose and Warren Davidson support an extreme abortion ban,” said ODP spokesperson Reeves Oyster. “Ohioans will hold them accountable for their out-of-touch, unpopular positions.”
Here’s what else you need to know about #OHSEN Republicans and abortion:
- At his campaign launch, Bernie Moreno said he is “unequivocally pro-life.” He does not support exceptions for rape, incest, or life of the mother.
- Warren Davidson recently signed onto an amicus brief urging the Supreme Court to restrict a widely used, safe abortion medication. He supported a national ban on abortion that makes no exceptions for rape or incest.
- Frank LaRose celebrated the overturning of Roe v. Wade and has supported an abortion ban with no exceptions for rape or incest.
- Matt Dolan celebrated the overturning of Roe v. Wade, calling it “exciting.”
- Last Friday, the Ohio Republican Party voted to formally oppose a reproductive rights amendment that would protect a woman’s right to choose.
- Republicans are expected to vote on a measure this week that would effectively end citizen-led ballot initiatives in Ohio and put them one-step closer to passing a total abortion ban.