Ohio House Democratic Caucus Field Manager
Position Title: Field Manager
Employment Status: Full-TIme Exempt – Salaried / UFCW 75 Bargaining Unit
Supervisor: OHDC Political Director & Executive Director
The Ohio House Democratic Caucus seeks an energetic and dedicated individual to represent the OHDC around the state of Ohio as Field Manager. The OHDC Field Manager will be responsible for working with fellow OHDC staff to produce field strategy for candidates across the state, as well as compile useful voter demographics and electoral data to influence caucus and candidate strategy. They will be responsible for communicating tactics and findings to candidates and partners.
The ideal candidate will have spent a minimum one cycle of campaign work, and can demonstrate experience and skill in modern campaign data and field practices.
Reporting to the OHDC Political Director & Executive Director, the Field Manager is responsible for the following:
● Create and manage field plans for targeted district races;
● Serve as a point of contact for emerging candidates and campaigns;
● Track progress towards goals for the organization and individual campaigns;
● Manage all interns, fellows, or other staff assigned to them;
● Mentor campaign staff and provide guidance and support to them;
● And all other duties as assigned by the Political Director & Executive Director.
The Field Manager must:
● Effectively build and maintain relationships with elected leaders and candidates.
● Meet deadlines, have a responsive and collaborative communication style.
● Have knowledge of Ohio politics, the demographic differences of the state, and an understanding of the political landscape.
● Be adaptable to the changing nature of campaigns and flexible to create new tactics and use new tools with a positive attitude.
● Adhere to the highest ethical standards. Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the organization and our elected members and candidates. Demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and development.
● Be able to frequently travel, including occasional overnight travel, as GOTV begins. Must be available for frequent evening and weekend work.
● A solid understanding of modern campaign practices, think outside of the box, work well with diverse coalitions, and be able to communicate high-level data and field findings to candidates and partners.
● A track record of success designing and delivering field and data results on political, legislative, and/or electoral programs, plans, and campaigns;
● An approach to management that is empowers others and develops leadership;
● Past experience with VoteBuilder/VAN in an administrator role;
● Knowledge of modern and effective voter contact tactics and how they impact elections;
● Experience managing and mentoring volunteers;
● Experience developing strong partnerships with elected leaders, candidates, grasstops and grassroots stakeholders, donors, and partners; and
● A belief that our mission matters and that electing Democrats to the Ohio House is critical in moving Ohio forward.
Salary range is between $45,000-$55,000 annually and is dependent on experience. Benefits include health, vision, dental, and life insurance, and flexible paid time off.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Jordan Hawkins ([email protected]) with the subject line “OHDC Field Manager” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About the Ohio House Democratic Caucus
The Ohio House Democratic Caucus (OHDC) is the official campaign arm with the goal of electing Democrats to the Ohio House of Representatives.
The OHDC is committed to inclusion and diversity. We seek to hire staff that reflects the diverse communities and perspectives that comprise Ohio. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds, and specifically individuals of color, women, Indigenous people, and members of the LGBTQIA community, are highly encouraged to apply.
The OHDC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.