Frank LaRose’s “Latest Unethical Move Is a Bit More Literal”
September 25, 2023
Why won’t LaRose give taxpayers the answers they deserve after costing Ohioans $600,000?
Columbus, OH – Frank LaRose is still facing serious questions for his decision to put his political ambitions ahead of Ohioans by moving the Ohio Secretary of State office to the same building as his current campaign HQ. After a series of expensive missteps during the August special election, LaRose’s latest scandal is costing taxpayers a steep $600,000 and will take Ohioans over 50 years to recoup the costs.
Thomas Yeager, Air Force Veteran: “I was held to the highest ethical standards as a senior noncommissioned officer in the USAF. We should receive no less from our elected officials. LaRose needs to be held accountable for this string of unethical moves.”
WTVN: “Frank LaRose is relocating his state office into the same building that houses his campaign. LaRose is running for Senate in Ohio and says this move will save $11,000 a year in rent but the cost of relocating his office is $600,000 up front so it would take over 50 years to recover that money.”
“Frank LaRose’s latest scandal is growing and Ohio taxpayers are paying the bill for his scheme to move the Secretary of State office to the same building as his campaign,” said ODP Spokesperson Reeves Oyster. “Ohioans aren’t buying LaRose’s excuses or his phony math as it becomes clearer every day that LaRose will do whatever it takes to advance his political career, regardless of how much it hurts – or costs – Ohioans.”
Ironton Tribune: LaRose’s unethical move
September 25, 2023
- I should have known better when LaRose, whose salary WE pay, announced his run for higher office this summer. And since launching his Senate campaign, LaRose has made a number of political moves that should cause concern for Ohioans.
- His latest unethical move is a bit more literal.
- It was reported that LaRose is moving the official Secretary of State office for the first time in nearly 20 years. Where, you might ask? The same building as LaRose’s Senate campaign headquarters. And the move isn’t cheap, LaRose’s decision to be closer to his political lackeys will cost taxpayers over half a million dollars.
- It’s long been clear that LaRose is more focused on advancing his political career than doing his job. But LaRose’s latest scandal shows there is no line he won’t cross if it helps him climb the political ladder.
- As Secretary of State, LaRose owes Ohioans some answers.
- Between moving office buildings, making himself the face of the August election, and now trying to mislead Ohioans by rewriting the November amendment ballot language, LaRose is not hiding his willingness to disrespect Ohioans in pursuit of advancing his own political ambitions.
- He is once again proving he does not care about us. He will violate our trust to benefit himself. He will cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars to get a political promotion. He will try to trick us to push his own agenda. He will silence our voices.
- I was held to the highest ethical standards as a senior noncommissioned officer in the USAF. We should receive no less from our elected officials. LaRose needs to be held accountable for this string of unethical moves.