Frank LaRose, Bernie Moreno “Lying” To Ohioans, Doubling Down In Support of Dangerous Abortion Bans
November 7, 2023
Ohioans Voting To Protect Abortion Access Today
Columbus, OH – Read and watch Mini Timmaraju, President and CEO of Reproductive Freedom For All, and Alex Wagner call out Frank LaRose and Bernie Moreno for intentionally trying to mislead Ohioans while doubling down in support of dangerous abortion bans.
MSNBC: Mini Timmaraju Discusses State Issue 1 and Frank LaRose, Bernie Moreno Trying to Ban Abortion
Mini Timmaraju: “They are so desperate and worried about losing, as I said before they’re lying.”
Mini Timmaraju: “The majority of folks in Ohio support abortion access, but when it looks like we’re winning…folks like Frank LaRose and Mike DeWine pull out every trick in their book to basically try to change the rules.”
Alex Wagner: “The chicanery is off the charts.”
Alex Wagner on Bernie Moreno lying about State Issue 1, doubling down in support of dangerous abortion bans: “So nefarious, far-fetched, and largely unsupported by any facts.”
Alex Wagner: “[LaRose], the Secretary of State, purged 26,000 voters from the Ohio voting rolls two weeks before voter registration ends. If you can’t win, just make sure they can’t vote.”
Salon: Ohio voters finally get a chance to overturn dangerous abortion ban
November 5, 2023
- Voters in the Buckeye State will weigh in on Issue 1 next week… If approved, the measure will block the state’s dangerous six-week abortion ban, passed by the GOP-led state legislature and currently blocked by the courts.. On Tuesday, the voters can put people—not politicians—back in charge of their own decisions about their bodies and families.
- Polls show that 8 in 10 Americans believe in legal abortion, and we know that, given the chance, voters overwhelmingly vote to protect their freedoms at the ballot box. But that hasn’t changed what we’re up against.
- In state after state, voters must overcome dirty tricks and dishonest politicians who simply cheat when confronted with the reality that the public doesn’t support their dangerous anti-abortion agenda.
- There is perhaps no better example than Ohio, where Republican Frank LaRose, the current secretary of state also running for U.S. Senate, has made it clear he will do whatever it takes to support his own political ambitions—no matter the cost. He has left no stone unturned in his attempts to trick and silence voters.
- LaRose used his official position to rewrite the language Ohioans will see when they vote on Issue 1 this November and cram in anti-abortion disinformation meant to muddy the waters. It is yet another blatant attempt to silence and trick voters and block an effort that more than 700,000 Ohioans signed on to support.
- But LaRose, much like his colleagues across the Republican Party, does not care what his constituents want. He doesn’t care about their health and well-being. After all, he has already promised to support a national abortion ban if elected to the Senate, regardless of how Ohioans vote this November.