Bernie Moreno, Matt Dolan Report “Multi-Million Dollar Fortunes”
August 16, 2023
Bernie Moreno worth over a hundred million dollars, including millions in New York, Costa Rica, and Florida Properties; Matt Dolan worth over $40 million, including multiple dressage horses
Senate primary candidates Bernie Moreno and Matt Dolan are both “sitting on multi-million dollar fortunes” as they battle it out in Ohio’s Senate slugfest.
This week, financial disclosures showed Bernie Moreno is worth over a hundred million dollars, which includes properties in Costa Rica, New York City, Washington, D.C., and the Florida Keys – worth between $5.1 million to $24.7 million altogether.
Disclosures also showed Dolan is worth as much as $41 million and owns “two race horses that fall somewhere in the five to six-figure range.” Dolan has already loaned his campaign $4 million this cycle after spending $10.6 million of his own money last cycle.
Cleveland.com: Moreno, Dolan sitting on multi-million dollar fortunes that could bankroll Senate campaigns, disclosures show
August 15, 2023
- Dolan, a Republican state senator from Chagrin Falls, owns assets worth at least $14.5 million and as much as $41 million, according to a cleveland.com / Plain Dealer analysis of a report Dolan and other U.S. Senate candidates filed Monday. Dolan also reported roughly $750,000 to $2.1 million in business and investment income, mostly in the form of dividends, in addition to his $123,500 state salary.
- Moreno, who recently sold his chain of luxury car dealerships, meanwhile reported assets worth at least $25.5 million and as much as $105.7 million. Moreno also disclosed $10.6 million to $13.8 million in income, including $10 million he and his wife, Bridget, made selling Champ Titles, an electronic auto-titling business that Moreno recently said he sold to focus on his Senate run.
- Dolan and Moreno’s personal financial situations are a sharp contrast with Democratic U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown, the longtime incumbent Dolan and Moreno each hope to unseat in the November 2024 election.
- Dolan, meanwhile, has loaned his current Senate campaign $4 million, after loaning his campaign $2.6 million in 2022, when he finished third in the Republican Senate primary.
- Dolan’s riches mostly are in stocks and bonds, although he reported having $1 million to $5 million in cash, as well as an investment his wife, Jessica, made in two race horses that falls somewhere in the five to six-figure range. His largest individual investment holding was a stake in 422 Company, Ltd worth $500,000 to $1 million. He also disclosed owning a share of Madison Square Garden, a company owned by the extended Dolan family, worth $30,002 to $100,000.
- Like Dolan, Moreno also reported a wide range of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Moreno also owns a significant amount of real estate, worth an amount ranging from $5.1 million to $24.7 million. Moreno’s property holdings include a tract of land in Costa Rica worth $1 million to $5 million, and ownership shares of homes in Avon, Columbus, New York City and Washington, D.C., as well as a stake in a home in the Florida Keys worth $2.15 million to $10.75 million.
- Moreno’s report, meanwhile, lacks several memorable assets contained in his last financial disclosure in 2021, including a home in the Bahamas worth $5 million to $25 million and a boat worth $500,000 to $1 million. Moreno, who helped organize a 2018 conference in Cleveland that touted blockchain technology that’s the underpinning for cryptocurrency, no longer owns any Bitcoin, after he previously reported owning an amount worth $100,001 to $250,000.