“A Slap in the Face:” Frank LaRose Not Working for Ohioans
September 19, 2023
Columbus, OH – Over the last six months, Frank LaRose has proved he’s not working for Ohioans. After putting himself at the center of the failed August special election and rewriting the November abortion ballot language to “intentionally mislead” voters, LaRose is being called out for confusing and silencing Ohioans. Now, LaRose is being slammed again for putting his political ambitions first and promising to overrule Ohioans by voting for a national abortion ban even if the November amendment passes.
Cincinnati Enquirer: Political stunts prove LaRose not working for most Ohioans
By Veronica Strevel
September 19, 2023
- Frank LaRose has made one thing abundantly clear over the past six months: He’s not working for the majority of Ohioans.
- First, it was Issue 1 in August. LaRose put himself squarely behind this amendment and became the chief campaigner for an effort designed to benefit special interests and silence Ohioans by essentially killing any possibility of citizen-led ballot initiatives passing in Ohio.
- He lost. Resoundingly. You’d think LaRose would have taken the hint the first time around, but he clearly doesn’t care and isn’t listening.
- But then − in a slap in the face to all Ohioans, let alone the hundreds of thousands of Ohioans who signed on to that language − LaRose abused his elected office by recently rewriting the language voters will see when they enter the voting booth this November.
- And worst of all, LaRose has already promised to overrule Ohioans if we protect reproductive rights this fall and he is elected to the Senate by voting for a national abortion ban.
- LaRose’s actions have made it abundantly clear he’s not working for us. He’s trying to get ahead and help himself and his political career − and he doesn’t care who stands in his way. LaRose will be remembered by his actions this August and November and who he fought for. One thing is clear: It’s not Ohioans.
- LaRose won’t be able to outrun his disregard for the voters he should be working for. He would be wise to remember that we deserve to be respected and heard.
See also: What Ohioans Are Saying: “Shame On LaRose for Silencing Ohioans”; ICYMI: “Ethics Red Flags” Go Up as Frank LaRose’s “Ability to Do that Job Impartially Has Been Called into Question” [Ohio Capital Journal]; One Year After National Abortion Ban Introduced, Here’s A Reminder That #OHSEN Field Supports Abortion Bans; Frank LaRose Called Out for Putting “Thumb on the Scale of Fairness – Again” After Rewriting November Ballot Language; Shot, Chaser, Lime: Frank LaRose Tries to Silence, Overrule Ohioans *Again*; Frank LaRose Slammed for “Trying to Stack the Deck” Against Ohioans; Frank LaRose “Twists” Ballot Language to “Confuse,” “Deceive” Ohioans