WATCH: LaRose’s Latest Mistake Costs Ohioans
June 25, 2023
Columbus, OH – Ohio taxpayers could be footing a bill for hundreds of thousands of dollars after Frank LaWhoops “screws up big-time” by sending the wrong ballot language to county elections officials for the August special election.
This mistake comes after LaWhoops was ordered by the State Supreme Court to rewrite misleading ballot language and has been criticized for “lying” about State Issue 1 and following special interests’ “marching orders.”
Now LaWhoops must answer: How much exactly is this mistake costing Ohio taxpayers?
WATCH MORE FROM WCMH HERE
- Boards of Elections in all 88 Ohio counties are scrambling to make corrections after Secretary of State Frank LaRose’s office sent the wrong Issue 1 ballot language.
- LaRose’s office sent the ballot language out late last week. But this Tuesday, Boards were notified they sent the wrong language. They were ordered to update ballots, management systems, and accuracy tests.
- Franklin County’s Elections Director Antone White tells me his office lost hours of work and some test ballots because of the mistake.
- The Ohio Democratic Party is claiming some boards printed actual ballots over many days that now have to be thrown away – costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- We did reach out to LaRose’s office and we are waiting for comment.