John Kulewicz Calls For Investigation Of Ties Between JobsOhio And Intel, Keith Faber “Hasn’t Responded To Questions On The Matter”
August 18, 2026
COLUMBUS, OH – While John Kulewicz is showing Ohioans the relentless commitment to taking on corruption that he’ll bring to the Attorney General’s office, Keith Faber is once again refusing to comment. Instead of following John Kulewicz’s lead, calling out potential conflicts of interest and demanding accountability for the big corporations that work to line their pockets at Ohioans’ expense, Keith Faber is making sure Ohioans know that he isn’t willing to answer questions on the matter – and he isn’t willing to stand up for Ohio families.
“Ohioans deserve an Attorney General who will take on the corruption that is raising costs for Ohio families – and Keith Faber makes clear every day that he is not that person,” said Ohio Democratic Party Communications Director Marisa Nahem. “While John Kulewicz is showing his commitment to taking on corruption and protecting Ohio families, Keith Faber is showing time and again that he can’t even be counted on to respond to basic questions, let alone be trusted to take on bad actors that are lining their pockets while Ohioans foot the bill. Ohioans know they can’t trust Faber, and they’re going to reject him and reject Republicans’ culture of corruption in November.”
This isn’t the first time that Faber has refused to comment on the issues that matter most to Ohio families – and refusing to respond to questions has become a staple of Ohio Republicans’ campaigns heading into Election Day. Faber specifically has been slammed as “tone deaf” for his “unconscionable” refusal to commit to continuing the FirstEnergy case, and his response when pushed on it: he conveniently couldn’t be reached for comment. Faber’s campaign also went into hiding after he made comments“that sounded supportive of ending at least some parts of Ohio Medicaid,” with reporting emphasizing that “Faber’s campaign did not clarify his comments.”
Read more on Faber’s latest refusal to comment – and how, in contrast, John Kulewicz isn’t just talking the talk, he’s walking the walk in working to take on the corruption that is raising costs for Ohio families:
Ohio Capital Journal: Ohio attorney general candidate calls for investigation of ties between JobsOhio and Intel
- One candidate for Ohio attorney general is calling for the state inspector general to investigate new revelations about ties between the head of the state’s quasi-public economic development agency JobsOhio, the governor’s office, and Intel, a company that has received millions.
- The other candidate hasn’t responded to questions about the matter.
- John Kulewicz, the Democratic nominee for AG, last week amended his complaint to Ohio Inspector General Randall J. Meyer with details of other possible conflicts of interest on the part of Josh Rubin, a lobbyist who chairs the board of JobsOhio, that were reported last week by the Capital Journal.
- A spokesman for Keith Faber, Kulewicz’s Republican opponent in the attorney general’s race, didn’t respond to questions for this story.
- A spokesman for DeWine said Rubin’s multiple roles didn’t amount to a conflict. Despite being registered to lobby JobsOhio for Intel, his “activity and expense” filings show he actively lobbied the governor’s office on the Intel project, while he made no such filings regarding JobsOhio, DeWine Press Secretary Dan Tierney said.
- In emailed responses to written questions, Kulewicz disagreed, saying, “This is an apparent conflict of interest. And at a time when we urgently need to restore public confidence in government, this also creates a clear appearance of impropriety. When you take on a job like this and answer the call to public service, you do so knowing that you can only serve the People of Ohio. You can’t serve both the public and the powerful.”
- Faber’s spokesman was sent the same questions as the Kulewicz campaign. He didn’t respond.
###