Hocus Pocus Season: With One Week Till Election Day, #OHSEN Field Wants to Make Ohioans’ Rights *Disappear*
October 31, 2023
And Other Notable Tricks on Halloween…
Columbus, OH – With one week left until Ohioans decide on a ballot measure to protect reproductive rights and overturn the state’s current dangerous abortion ban, the entire field running for Ohio’s senate seat wants to *hocus pocus* Ohioans’ rights away.
Disney’s Hocus Pocus Reimagined: The Senate Sisters Try To Make Ohioans’ Rights *Disappear*
Here’s a reminder of the #OHSEN field’s *scary* attempts to make Ohioans’ rights disappear:
- The entire #OHSEN primary field opposes the November amendment and therefore supports upholding the current restrictive law in Ohio – which bans abortion with no exceptions for rape or incest.
- Bernie Moreno supports a national abortion ban and does not support exceptions for rape, incest, or life of the mother.
- Frank LaRose supports a national abortion ban and opposes exceptions for rape or incest. LaRose spearheaded August’s State Issue 1 which would have benefitted special interests, silenced Ohioans, and made it harder to pass Issue 1 in November – admitting it was “100%” about abortion. When that flopped, Frank LaRose “twist[ed]” the ballot language for the November amendment to purposefully mislead and “confuse” Ohioans. A new poll recently found LaRose’s language has a measurable impact on support for State Issue 1 when compared to the original ballot language. LaRose also said he supports Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s blockade of top military confirmations – saying Tuberville’s position is “the same position I would support in the Senate.”
- Matt Dolan celebrated the overturning of Roe v. Wade, calling it “exciting.” Dolan has said defeating the November amendment is a priority, and is open to supporting a national abortion ban.
Trick or Treat? This field always picks “trick…” 🎃
- Frank LaRose “dove deep into [his] bag of tricks” to deceive voters by rewriting the November ballot language to intentionally mislead Ohioans.
- Bernie Moreno tricked Ohioans when he said, “I’m not going to take personal wealth and buy a Senate seat” before writing himself a $3 million check.
- Matt Dolan is using a too-good-to-be-true “cheap loan” to bankroll his campaign, a trick keeping his second Senate campaign afloat.