DeWine Ducks Debate
March 29, 2022
For Immediate Release:
Tuesday, March 29, 2022
Columbus, OH — While Ohioans heard this week from candidates of both parties in the #OHSen primary and are set to hear from the Democratic candidates in #OHGov race tonight, one key debate is missing, and it’s because Mike DeWine is too scared to debate.
Threatened by the likes of Jim Renacci and Joe Blystone, and consistently underwater in support from his own party, DeWine ducked out of today’s Republican #OHGov debate, once again showing he’s not the leader Ohio deserves.
“Leaders lead. Period. If Mike DeWine were confident in his re-election position and the stances he’s taken, he’d be proud to stand up there on the stage and debate. Instead, he’s cowering from accountability, once again showing our state how weak he really is,” said Matt Keyes, spokesperson for the Ohio Democratic Party.
Below is a list of questions hard-working Ohioans are still waiting for answers on from Mike DeWine, questions that could have been covered during today’s debate:
- Why won’t DeWine pass fair maps?
- What did Mike DeWine know about the largest public corruption scandal in state history and when?
- Why did DeWine appoint Sam Randazzo, someone with close ties to the energy industry, to lead the organization charged with overseeing energy regulations in Ohio, despite concerns raised by experts?
- Does Mike DeWine still believe Randazzo did a ‘good job’ despite the multimillion-dollar bribe he took from FirstEnergy?
- Does DeWine think it’s okay that his son hasn’t recused himself from the redistricting cases, despite the fact his dad is a key defendant?
- When will DeWine live up to his promise to ‘do something’ to keep Ohioans safe from gun violence?
- Why does DeWine continue to take credit for the American Rescue Plan even though he opposed it?