Ohio Democratic Women’s Caucus
The Ohio Democratic Women’s Caucus (ODWC), a grassroots organization and is a subset of the Ohio Democratic Party.
The mission of the ODWC is to motivate, educate, empower and energize Democratic women by: recruiting women to run for office, increasing women’s leadership roles within Democratic politics and organizing women to elect Democrats at the local, state and national level.
In order to elect more women to office, the caucus will build a strong networking infrastructure of support for Democratic women by pursuing the following actions:
- Advocate equitable representation and funding of Democratic women as it relates to candidate recruitment, senior positions within ODP, and appointments to serve on boards and commissions at all levels of government.
- Develop informational programs on issues important to women and families.
- Provide educational trainings and workshops.
- Facilitate statewide and regional networking opportunities.
- Mobilize and take action on issues that impact equality, economic justice, women’s health and reproductive rights, education, diversity and voting rights.
Email us [email protected]
Call us at 614-407-5977
The Ohio Democratic Women’s Caucus is a statewide caucus with membership that is open to ALL Democratic women’s groups:
- County and Regional Democratic Women’s Caucuses
- Local Democratic Federated Women’s Clubs
- City and Regional Democratic Women’s Groups
- Democratic Women Candidates and Activists
- Progressive Women’s Groups
If you would like to start a local Democratic Women’s group, please contact the Ohio Democratic Womens’ Caucus at [email protected].
Ohio Democratic Women’s Caucus Officers:
- Chair – Cindy Demsey (Cuyahoga County)
- Vice Chair – Rep. Paula Hicks Hudson (Lucas County)
- Secretary – Constance Lighthall (Clermont County)
Ohio Democratic Women’s Caucus Steering Committee
- Cuyahoga County – Kim Thomas
- Franklin County – Maryum Cooper
- Hamilton County – Rep. Catherine Ingram
- Montgomery County – Beverly Smith
- Lucas County – Chris Varwig
- Summit County – Patricia Crawford
- NE Ohio – Lupe Williams (Wayne County)
- Lorain, Cuyahoga (Kim Thomas), Lake, Ashtabula, Trumbull, Mahoning, Medina, Summit (Patricia Crawford), Portage, Stark, Wayne, Geauga, Ashland
- NW Ohio – Amy Grubbe (Erie County)
- Lucas (Chris Varwig), Erie, Huron, Seneca, Sandusky, Wood, Fulton, Williams, Defiance, Paulding, Putnam, Henry, Hancock, Allen, Auglaize, Mercer, Shelby, Hardin, Van Wert, Wyandot, Crawford
- Central Ohio – Heather Tiefenthaler (Champaign County)
- Franklin (Maryum Cooper), Delaware, Pickaway, Ross, Madison, Union, Richland, Morrow, Licking, Fairfield, Knox, Marion, Champaign, Logan
- SE Ohio – Vacant
- Columbiana, Carroll, Harrison, Tuscarawas, Holmes, Coshocton, Guernsey, Muskingum, Belmont, Jefferson, Monroe, Washington, Noble, Athens, Meigs, Lawrence, Jackson, Vinton, Morgan, Hocking, Perry, Gallia
- SW Ohio – Cookie Newsom (Green County)
- Hamilton (Rep. Catherine Ingram), Montgomery (Beverly Smith), Preble, Butler, Warren, Clermont, Darke, Miami, Clark, Greene, Fayette, Clinton, Highland, Adams, Brown, Scioto, Pike
- At Large
- Jen House (Franklin County)
- Yasmeen Soin (Montgomery County)