Ohio Democratic Women’s Caucus
The mission of the ODWC is to motivate, educate, empower and energize Democratic women by: recruiting women to run for office, increasing women’s leadership roles within Democratic politics and organizing women to elect Democrats at the local, state and national level.
In order to elect more women to office, the caucus will build a strong networking infrastructure of support for Democratic women by pursuing the following actions:
- Advocate equitable representation and funding of Democratic women as it relates to candidate recruitment, senior positions within ODP, and appointments to serve on boards and commissions at all levels of government.
- Develop informational programs on issues important to women and families.
- Provide educational trainings and workshops.
- Facilitate statewide and regional networking opportunities.
- Mobilize and take action on issues that impact equality, economic justice, women’s health and reproductive rights, education, diversity and voting rights.
The Ohio Democratic Women’s Caucus is a statewide caucus with membership that is open to ALL Democratic women’s groups:
- County and Regional Democratic Women’s Caucuses
- Local Democratic Federated Women’s Clubs
- City and Regional Democratic Women’s Groups
- Democratic Women Candidates and Activists
- Progressive Women’s Groups
If you would like to start a local Democratic Women’s group, please contact Chair Kathy DiCristofaro.
Ohio Democratic Women’s Caucus Officers:
- Chair – Kathy DiCristofaro, Trumbull County
- Vice Chair/Candidate Recruitment – Janet Carson, Geauga County
- Vice Chair/Chapter Development – Lupe Williams, Wayne County
- Vice Chair/Programs – Grace Cherrington, Licking County
- Vice Chair/Communications – Constance Lighthall, Clermont County
- Secretary – Carole DePaola, Franklin County
- Treasurer – Ann Block, Monroe County
- Finance – Amy Grubbe, Erie County