SUPREME COURT CAMPAIGN MANAGER
Supreme Court Campaign Manager
Ohio Democratic Party
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Compensation: $7,000 – 8,500
The Ohio Democratic Party has turned a corner and is rebuilding to win. Here in Ohio, we’re shaking off the rust and working toward a bold vision of progressive power in the heart of the midwest. Ohio Democrats are searching for a team member to help build the next level of infrastructure in the Buckeye state. If you are ready to lead a big team, build a big structure, run high-impact programming, and win in 2024
About the Cycle
Over the next year the Ohio Democrats will build an organization to win highly
consequential elections up and down the ballot. Ohio is a top tier U.S. Senate protection, and a potential Presidential battleground in 2024. The battle to save the Senate majority will be fought in Ohio. 2024 also offers the chance to maintain and gain seats on the Ohio Supreme Court, protect key Congressional seats, and make gains under new legislative maps. Additionally, Ohio Dems will also be key partners in fighting for choice, voting reforms, and more, on the state’s issues ballot.
About the Opportunity
The Ohio Democratic Party (ODP) is seeking a Supreme Court Campaign Manager. In close partnership with ODP’s Judicial Caucus Director, this position is responsible for developing the campaign plans of our three Supreme Court candidates. This role’s duties will be similar to that of a campaign manager but with the added element of having three statewide candidates. Someone who has at least 2 cycles as a Federal or Statewide campaign manager is preferred.
- Plan and execute a campaign strategy for the three Supreme Court candidates.
- Maintain the campaign plan, finance plan and budget of each candidate.
- Develop a staffing plan to support the individual candidates and team as a whole.
- Informed by a “30,000 foot view,” direct the day-to-day tasks of the slate
- Work in conjunction with stakeholder and ally organizations including the Judicial Caucus Director at ODP.
- Participate fully in the 2024 Coordinated campaign along with several in-state and national organizations
- Strong manager – capable of managing up, down, and sideways.
- Track record of effective principal and candidate management, scheduling, and ability to work with dynamic team of colleagues and staff
- Experience in budgeting, paid & organic content, and candidate management
- Excellent in interpersonal skills and building relationships
- Digital by nature – a natural with smartphone, iPad, tablet, and laptop for work and personal reasons; monitoring email and social media in real time is intuitive
- Highly communicative – responsive to internal and external requests, emails, and calls, within reason
- Multitasker – Able to juggle multiple activities yet not lose focus on top priorities or let something slip through the cracks, organized in thinking and doing
- Tenacious – documented success is meeting bold goals in complex environment
- Ability to work in coordination and skilled at aligning different campaigns and stakeholders around a shared vision and plan
- Accountable – able and willing to hold themselves, consultants, and staff to clear timelines, metrics, and goals
- Proficient in common campaign tools and technology: NGP, Votebuilder, Action, Network, Mobilize, etc.
- Clear, effective writer
Please note: this is not an entry level position
To apply, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/c54SkHSj7MeYyuym8.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible.
ODP recognizes that our success requires us to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We are focused on building a staff that is diverse of race, gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Candidates of color, women, LGBTQI, and more are encouraged to apply.