Ohio Coordinated Campaign Voter Access Director
Summary: In 2024, Ohio is a frontline battleground state with competitive races up and down the ballot. Ohio must re-elect Senator Sherrod Brown in what will be the nation’s top targeted race in 2024, determining the control of the US Senate. This year will also offer the chance to take control of the Ohio Supreme Court, make gains in the state legislature, and defend three battleground congressional seats.
The Voter Access Director will be a fundamental role of the Senior Leadership Team and will build an innovative, data-driven statewide plan to address the barriers to casting a ballot in Ohio. This will include developing voter education programming, building relationships with key election administrators, and overseeing a large, volunteer-driven protect the vote program. This position is full time and based in Columbus, Ohio.
Key Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Directly manage, coach, and train a team of protection volunteers across Ohio
- Implement and execute a robust voter protection plan, including ballot curing program and statewide voter hotline management
- Identify key election administration and voter officials, and build and maintain relationships with key BOE members, elected officials, and grasstops
- In cooperation with the Data Director, utilize rigorous standards for data collection and use within the NGP/VAN and LBJ platform
- Map strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities across Ohio focused on Democratic Boards of Election Chairs, and County Party activities
- Develop and direct Voter Photo ID education programs, including train the trainer programs to strengthen our county team leaders and voter contact efforts
- Promote volunteer leadership at every level of the campaign, with an eye towards building sustainable and permanent grassroots activism
- Grow network of legal volunteers through tactics, including 1:1 meetings, events, phone calls, and texting
- Build and maintain strong, trusting relationships with Ohio Promote the Vote leaders, local party leaders and activist groups
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ cycles of experience in statewide organizing, political, or voter protection
- Expertise with NGP/VAN platform, LBJ experience a plus
- Strong strategist and planner who can break a complex program into clear trackers, budgets, and timelines
- Team builder and coach by nature – must have the personality and patience to bring a complex network of stakeholders into a unified work plan
- Talented manager of people and time – management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple people, projects, and competing priorities
- Excellent in interpersonal skills and building and maintaining relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- Conflict and crisis management experience with proven, clear decision-making ability
- Clear, effective, high-quality writer
- Highly communicative – responsive to internal and external requests, emails, and calls, within reason
- Multitasker – Able to juggle multiple activities yet not lose focus on top priorities or let something slip through the cracks
- Committed to the values and practices of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace with the ability to take feedback and learn
- A passion for training – developing leadership of staff and volunteers is second nature.
- Fully invested in the success of Ohio Democrats.
To apply, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/koVySqESkNzxFU4R6
The salary will range between $7500 – $8,500 per month and full benefits including PTO as needed, health, dental, and voluntary vision insurance. This position’s schedule will vary based on the needs of the campaign and is likely to require evening and weekend work over the course of the election cycle. Housing will not be provided.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, and those duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Ohio Democrats recognize our success requires a diverse mix of talented people. ODP is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local law.