Ohio Coordinated Campaign Operations Director
Summary: In 2024, Ohio is a frontline battleground state with competitive races up and down the ballot. Ohio must re-elect Senator Sherrod Brown in what will be the nation’s top targeted race in 2024, determining the control of the US Senate. This year will also offer the chance to take control of the Ohio Supreme Court, make gains in the state legislature, and defend three battleground congressional seats.
The Operations Director will be responsible for managing the operations and logistics of the 2024 Coordinated Campaign. This fundamental role within the Senior Leadership Team will work closely with other departments to implement programming to elect Democrats up and down the ballot. This position is full time and based in Columbus, Ohio.
Key Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Work closely with the Coordinated Campaign Director to maintain day-to-day spending, accurately track projected expenses, and manage the coordinated campaign budget, including:
- Maintaining the Coordinated budget and regularly reconciling all accounts
- Assist with payroll processing, employee benefits, and reconciling benefit expenses
- Assist with recordkeeping of revenue and expenses for compliance reporting purposes
- Serve as a Human Resources lead for Coordinated Campaign staff by:
- Facilitating the onboarding and offboarding of all coordinated campaign employees
- Creating a structure for incident reporting and maintaining of HR records
- Building comprehensive policies for the implementation of all union regulations and campaign IT security standards
- Secure coordinated campaign offices, negotiate leases, and set-up and maintain utilities and supplies
- Ensure logistical support for all coordinated departments, including working with vendors, ordering merchandise and materials, completing regular supply audits, etc.
- Hire, train, and manage a team of operations staff to support various departmental responsibilities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 2 cycles in campaign, advocacy, administrative work, or a related operations role, with previous statewide operations experience on a coordinated campaign strongly preferred
- Previous experience with payroll systems, benefit management and/or managing budgets
- Experience hiring and managing paid staff; with additional focus on staff professional development
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Exceptionally well organized with intense attention to detail and process
- A desire to work collaboratively to implement creative solutions to unique problems
- Commitment to electing Democrats up and down the ticket in Ohio
To apply, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/koVySqESkNzxFU4R6
The salary will range between $7500 – $8,500 per month and full benefits including PTO as needed, health, dental, and voluntary vision insurance. This position’s schedule will vary based on the needs of the campaign and is likely to require evening and weekend work over the course of the election cycle. Housing will not be provided.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, and those duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Ohio Democrats recognize our success requires a diverse mix of talented people. ODP is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local law.