FINANCE EVENTS & MAJOR GIFTS DIRECTOR
Over the next two years, the Ohio Democrats will build an organization to win highly consequential elections up and down the ballot. With new leadership comes a new vision for our Party, refocusing on the core fundamentals that move the needle. ODP is building back better as a focused, modern, and nimble force to elect Democrats statewide now and in the future.
Ohio must re-elect Senator Sherrod Brown in what will be the nation’s top targeted race in 2024. The battle to maintain the Senate majority will be fought in Ohio. 2024 also offers the chance to take control of the Ohio Supreme Court, make gains in the state legislature, and defend Ohio’s 3 Frontline Congressional Races.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Ohio Democrats seek a talented, passionate professional to oversee the events and major gift fundraising programs for the 2024 cycle. We are seeking an experienced fundraiser who will help serve as a strategic asset to Ohio Democrat’s fundraising operation both in-state and nationally. This position will manage staff, help manage consultants and report to the Finance Director.
- Develop and implement strategic fundraising plans for Ohio Democrats fundraising and surrogate events, included but not limited to Ohio Democrats annual event, Drinks with Dems Cocktail Hours, and virtual events
- Develop and implement strategic fundraising plans and relationship building for a portfolio of major gifts over $5,000
- Assist the Finance Director in overseeing the national fundraising operation, including managing consultants, travel, donor outreach, meetings and events
- Manage the planning and execution of special events at the 2024 Democratic National Convention in Chicago
- Manage Finance Associates and work laterally with the Finance Operations Director
- Support the call time program, manage as needed
- Prior experience – at least 1 cycle of fundraising or development experience (2 cycles preferred).
- Track record of identifying and cultivating new and existing relationships with donors, prospective donors, partner organizations and key stakeholders
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Experience planning and staffing events
- Experience managing staff, volunteers, or interns
- Strong attention to detail in fast-paced environment
- Experience with NGP 8 and ActBlue
- Excellent in interpersonal and customer service skills
- Clear, effective, high-quality writer
- Highly communicative – responsive to internal and external requests, emails, and calls, within reason
- A passion for training – developing leadership of staff and volunteers is second nature.
- Ability to take and implement feedback
- Passionate and thoughtful about what and how they do work and whom they work with;
- Resilient, resourceful, and adaptive to priority shifts and change (big and small);
- Kind but willing to apply soft elbows when needed;
- Realistic but positive in outlook, not ego- or turf-driven, able to focus on opportunities when faced with challenges;
- Collaborative by nature;
- Fully invested in the success of Ohio Democrats.
Salary will be $6,000 per month with full benefits including PTO as needed, health insurance and optional vision and dental insurance. The hourly expectation will fluctuate depending on the campaign cycle, but will be a minimum of 40 hours per week. Housing will not be provided.
To apply, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/c54SkHSj7MeYyuym8
Ohio Democrats recognize our success requires a diverse mix of talented people. We are focused on building a staff that is diverse of race, gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Candidates of color, women, LGBTQIA, and more are encouraged to apply.