Deputy Digital Director
Over the next two years, the Ohio Democrats will build an organization to win highly consequential elections up and down the ballot. With new leadership comes a new vision for our Party, refocusing on the core fundamentals that move the needle. ODP is building back better as a focused, modern, and nimble force to elect Democrats statewide now and in the future.
Ohio must re-elect Senator Sherrod Brown in what will be the nation’s top targeted race in 2024. The battle to maintain the Senate majority will be fought in Ohio. 2024 also offers the chance to take control of the Ohio Supreme Court, make gains in the state legislature, and defend three battleground congressional seats under new legislative maps.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Ohio Democrats seek a creative, experienced digital staffer to support a digital department that will cultivate, manage and grow the organization’s digital presence. This role will build and engage digital audiences by curating dynamic content to post organically on various platforms and maintain the brand of the organization and all of our front-facing products. A successful candidate will be committed to thinking creatively and strategically, and implement the day to day strategy developed in collaboration with the Digital Director, Communications Director, and the executive team.
- Manage ODP’s various social media accounts including twitter, facebook, and others
- Design graphics and templates for social media, Mobilize, Mailchimp, and other platforms as needed
- Build and engage an online community across all platforms
- Collaborate with the Digital Director and other departments to tell the OH Dems story and engage followers in trainings, volunteer opportunities, and announcements, and OH Dems event content from across the state
- Support ODP’s digital fundraising, especially around major endorsements, events, merchandise or surrogates
- Other projects as needed
- Clear, effective, high-quality writer
- Ability to time and project manage, often multiple projects simultaneously
- General photography, video editing, and graphic design experience
- Demonstrated track record of managing content and community growth on all major social media platforms
- A voracious digital consumer- following current events and trends is second nature
- Expertise with digital technology, platform management apps, and design and video software
- Strong skills in managing up, communicating needs, and tracking progress in clear, metrics driven systems
- Committed to the values and practices of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- A passion for training and developing staff and volunteers
- Highly communicative – responsive to internal and external requests, emails, and calls, within reason
- Passionate and thoughtful about what and how they do work and whom they work with;
- Resilient, resourceful, and adaptive to priority shifts and change (big and small);
- Kind but willing to apply soft elbows when needed;
- Realistic but positive in outlook, not ego- or turf-driven, able to focus on opportunities when faced with challenges;
- Collaborative by nature;
- Fully invested in the success of Ohio Democrats.
To apply, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/c54SkHSj7MeYyuym8
The salary will be $5,000 per month and full benefits including PTO as needed, health, dental, and voluntary vision insurance. The hourly expectation will fluctuate depending on the campaign cycle, but will be a minimum of 40 hours per week. Housing will not be provided.
Ohio Democrats recognize our success requires a diverse mix of talented people.. We are focused on building a staff that is diverse of race, gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Candidates of color, women, LGBTQI, and more are encouraged to apply.