DEPUTY DATA DIRECTOR
The Ohio Democrats continue to build an organization capable of winning highly consequential elections up and down the ballot in 2023 and 2024. With new leadership comes a new vision for our Party, refocusing on the core fundamentals that move the needle. ODP is building back better as a focused, modern, and nimble force to elect Democrats statewide now and in the future.
Ohio must re-elect Senator Sherrod Brown in what will be the nation’s top targeted race in 2024. The battle to maintain the Senate majority will be fought in Ohio. 2024 also offers the chance to take control of the Ohio Supreme Court, make gains in the state legislature, and defend three battleground congressional seats under new legislative maps.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Ohio Democrats are seeking a talented, passionate professional to help support a comprehensive Data and Analytics Program. The Deputy Data Director will design an innovative program that provides support and critical analysis for our voter outreach efforts in a variety of data driven ways. The Deputy Data Director will work closely with the Ohio Democratic Party’s Data Director and to ensure cross departmental and campaign wide efficiency of our voter outreach efforts
- Administering VoteBuilder statewide
- Maintaining data standards to ensure data capture and hygiene
- Responding to data support requests and flags
- Assisting with target development and resource allocation
- Using GIS tools to create geospatial analyses
- Supporting the Data Director and other members of the Data Team to complete projects as necessary
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure;
- One or more cycle of campaign experience preferred;
- VoteBuilder experience (either as an administrator or user);
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- A technical skill set that includes familiarity or proficiency in a variety of programming languages/software such as (but not limited to) MS Excel, Google Suite, SQL, Tableau, Python, QGIS and/or R;
- Must be self‐motivated and willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends, in a fast‐paced and high‐pressure environment
- Passionate and thoughtful about their work and the people they work with
- Adaptive and flexible to shifting priorities;
- Kind, but willing to apply soft elbows when needed;
- Realistic but positive in outlook, not ego- or turf-driven, able to focus on opportunities when faced with challenges;
- Collaborative by nature;
- Fully invested in the success of Ohio Democrats
The salary will be $6,000 per month with full benefits, including PTO as needed, health, dental, and voluntary vision insurance. The hourly expectation will fluctuate depending on the campaign cycle, but will be a minimum of 40 hours per week. Housing will not be provided.
To apply, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/c54SkHSj7MeYyuym8
Ohio Democrats recognize our success requires a diverse mix of talented people.. We are focused on building a staff that is diverse of race, gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Candidates of color, women, LGBTQI, and more are encouraged to apply.