Posted On June 6, 2022
The Ohio Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign is seeking Campus Organizers to organize communities across Ohio in 2022. Campus Organizers will be the Ohio Coordianted’s leaders in engaging students in the electoral process and turning them out to vote for Democrats in 2022.
This position reports to the Regional Organizing Director and is based in Ohio. Campus Organizers will be union represented by IBEW Local 1466 with competitive hourly rates and guaranteed benefits.
- Educate students about the 2022 Midterm Election
- Register students to vote in order to expand the electorate
- Recruit and manage fellows and volunteers to scale voter outreach across the campus community
- Develop partnerships with existing campus organizations and entities to reach broader networks of students
- Organize via relational networks across campus, both in-person and digitally
- Turn out the school’s progressive student body to vote in November 2022
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous campaign experience is not required.
- Highly organized; able to work independently and problem solve
- Results and solutions-oriented, yet creative and willing to innovate
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated passion for the Democratic platform and excitement about building the campaign on campus to recruit a broad, diverse coalition of young Democrats
- Willing to work substantial hours on a college campus, including outside of traditional work hours
To apply, please fill out this form ASAP: https://tinyurl.com/OHOrg2022
ODP recognizes that our success requires us to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work. We are focused on building a staff that is diverse of race, gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Candidates of color, women, LGBTQI, and more are encouraged to apply.