Jobs and Internships
OHIO HOUSE DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS – CAMPAIGN COORDINATOR
The Ohio House Democratic Caucus (OHDC) is a political organization dedicated to breaking a Republican super-majority in the Ohio House of Representatives.
The OHDC seeks an experienced Campaign Coordinator for the 2020 election cycle. The Campaign Coordinator will work closely with legislative leadership, the Ohio Democratic Party, consultants, and other OHDC statewide campaign staff. The Campaign Coordinator reports to the Minority Leader. While this is a mid-level position, there is opportunity for upward movement within the Caucus.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Continuing the recruitment process around the state.
- Assisting in the hiring of Campaign Managers for targeted races.
- Working one on one with Campaign Managers to implement a campaign plan.
- Assisting with Candidate, Campaign Manager, and GOTV Trainings.
- Auditing weekly knock and call goals.
- Coordinating and executing weekly Campaign Manager calls.
- Working one on one with Campaign Managers to implement a GOTV plan.
- Implementing an absentee chase program.
- Draft and send announcement press releases and communication plans for all Democratic Ohio House candidates as well as the Caucus.
- Developing and implementing incumbent protection activities.
- Coordinating with the finance director to meet fundraising goals.
- Experience and familiarity with Votebuilder.
- At least two cycles working on Democratic campaigns.
- Great time management and organization skills.
- Ability to train and instruct staff and candidates for office.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in setting and achieving measurable targets, managing teams, and coordinating between multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple priority projects and meet established timelines.
- Ability to execute strategic goals and work effectively with statewide, regional, and local leaders.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- The ability to work with and appreciate diverse communities, people, and ideas.
Please send resumes to Rachel Rossi at [email protected] before June 26th.
The Ohio Democratic Party is seeking ambitious and hard-working people to support our coordinated campaign efforts. We are currently focused on critical issues facing Democrats in Ohio as well as on various local and statewide campaigns. We look for interns on a rolling and ongoing basis to assist with our daily operations. Interns will be responsible for helping to support the various facets of the coordinated campaigns. They are as follows:
- Field and Organizing
- Political Data/Targeting
- Volunteer and Voter Outreach
- Information Technology
- Voter Protection
- Political Caucus Organizing
The ideal candidate must be high energy, efficient, well-organized and be able to think on his/her feet. We are looking for people who can multi-task, work well with deadlines and under pressure and are strongly committed to Democratic ideals. Candidates with excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred.
Most intern positions are offered at our Headquarters in downtown Columbus. There are some additional positions available out in the field/throughout the state. There are opportunities for evening and weekend hours as well as during the regular ‘business’ day. We will accommodate school and work schedules. If you are enthusiastic, excited about politics and want to learn, this is a great opportunity to see things from the inside. This rewarding and valuable opportunity is a non-paid internship, but can frequently be applied toward credit for school.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].