Jobs and Internships
MIAMI COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS DEPUTY DIRECTOR
Is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Director. For a complete job description and requirements go to: electionsonthe.net. A completed application and resume must be submitted to: Miami County Board of Elections, 215 W. Main St., Troy, OH 45373 or emailed to: [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Miami County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Accessible to the Disabled.
Duties of the Deputy Director
The deputy director serves at the pleasure of the board for a term of two years, commencing in early March in each even-numbered year. The deputy director had dual function, serving as the board’s chief administrator, as well as election official. In these capacities, the deputy director performs or oversees a variety of duties, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Keeping a full and true record of board proceedings and of all moneys received and expended;
- Filing and preserving in the board office all orders, records and reports pertaining to the administration of voter registrations and elections;
- Receiving and having custody of all books, papers, and property belonging to the board;
- Performing such other duties in connections with the office of deputy director and the proper conduct of elections as the board determines;
- Reviewing all directives, advisories, memoranda, correspondence and materials issued by the Secretary of State;
- Disseminating to board members and staff the information, instructions and/or materials provided by the Secretary of State; and take action as required by those communications;
- Assisting the board in drafting and implementing personnel policies and procedures;
- Supervising and instructing board employees; assign work; coordinate activities; make recommendations concerning the hiring, responsibilities, compensation, discipline, and discharge of board employees;
- Preparing for and conducting all primary, general and special elections held in the county;
- Processing, evaluating, and reporting elections results;
- Recruiting, hiring, and training precinct election officials;
- Supervising the processing of voter records;
- Developing an annual budget and monitor the board’s budget and payroll;
- Preparing the written agenda and minutes of board meetings; Ohio Election Official Manual Ohio Secretary of State;
- Auditing campaign finance reports;
- Calculating chargeback to political subdivisions;
- Assisting local liquor option petitioners; and
- Maintaining and submitting an annual report of consumable inventory.
Miami County Board of Elections Deputy Director
- Currently registered to vote
- Currently registered as a Democrat
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to pass a drug screening
- Ability to reside in Miami County within 30 days of employment and remain in residence in Miami County while in this position
- Experience working in a Board of Elections
- Experience successfully managing/supervising employees
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, Google Docs, and other data management software.
OSDC EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Ohio Senate Democratic Caucus is seeking an experienced and dedicated person to serve as Executive Director for the 2018 campaign cycle.
The Executive Director is responsible for writing and executing the 2018 campaign plan, setting and managing the budget, and hiring and managing campaign staff. Other duties include candidate recruitment, media relations, identifying and coordinating with campaign consultants, training candidates and campaign staff, assisting with drafting and execution of candidate campaign plans, overseeing political fundraising and providing strategic guidance to campaigns.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Senate Democratic Leader and works closely with the entire Senate Democratic Leadership in executing the campaign plan.
The ideal candidate is organized, self-motivated, strategic, and able to work with many kinds of people and personalities, possesses strong organizational skills, can perform in a deadline-driven environment, and exhibits strong attention to detail. Late nights and weekend hours will be required.
This position requires a strong background in communication, field, and/or fundraising, and at least one cycle of campaign management experience, multiple cycles of campaign management experience is preferred.
Experience in Ohio or with a legislative caucus is a plus.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to [email protected] with the subject line Executive Director.
Deadline to be considered is March 10th, 2017.
DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS INTERNS for 2017
The Ohio Democratic Party is seeking Digital Communications Interns to support our coordinated campaign efforts. We are currently focused on critical issues facing Democrats in Ohio as well as on national, statewide, various local and issue based campaigns. As a digital intern, you will work to support the overall messaging strategy for the Ohio Democratic Party.
- Assist with the writing, production, publishing and content across email, social media, and websites
- Write and load emails for fundraising and GOTV efforts
- Create social media/digital content
- Monitor social media
- Provide research support for digital communication campaigns
- Assist in publishing of website content
- Monitor website performance and traffic patterns
- Provide general support functions to Communications team
- Strong understanding of social media platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Be efficient and well organized
- Be able to multi-task and think on your feet; work well with deadlines
- A good ”eye for design”
- Be strongly committed to Democratic ideals
To be considered for this opportunity, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The Ohio Democratic Party is seeking ambitious and hard-working people to support our coordinated campaign efforts. We are currently focused on critical issues facing Democrats in Ohio as well as on various local and statewide campaigns. We look for interns on a rolling and ongoing basis to assist with our daily operations. Interns will be responsible for helping to support the various facets of the coordinated campaigns. They are as follows:
- Field and Organizing
- Political Data/Targeting
- Volunteer and Voter Outreach
- Information Technology
- Voter Protection
- Political Caucus Organizing
The ideal candidate must be high energy, efficient, well-organized and be able to think on his/her feet. We are looking for people who can multi-task, work well with deadlines and under pressure and are strongly committed to Democratic ideals. Candidates with excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred.
Most intern positions are offered at our Headquarters in downtown Columbus. There are some additional positions available out in the field/throughout the state. There are opportunities for evening and weekend hours as well as during the regular ‘business’ day. We will accommodate school and work schedules. If you are enthusiastic, excited about politics and want to learn, this is a great opportunity to see things from the inside. This rewarding and valuable opportunity is a non-paid internship, but can frequently be applied toward credit for school.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].