Jobs and Internships
DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS INTERNS for 2017
The Ohio Democratic Party is seeking Digital Communications Interns to support our coordinated campaign efforts. We are currently focused on critical issues facing Democrats in Ohio as well as on national, statewide, various local and issue based campaigns. As a digital intern, you will work to support the overall messaging strategy for the Ohio Democratic Party.
- Assist with the writing, production, publishing and content across email, social media, and websites
- Write and load emails for fundraising and GOTV efforts
- Create social media/digital content
- Monitor social media
- Provide research support for digital communication campaigns
- Assist in publishing of website content
- Monitor website performance and traffic patterns
- Provide general support functions to Communications team
- Strong understanding of social media platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Be efficient and well organized
- Be able to multi-task and think on your feet; work well with deadlines
- A good ”eye for design”
- Be strongly committed to Democratic ideals
To be considered for this opportunity, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The Ohio Democratic Party is seeking ambitious and hard-working people to support our coordinated campaign efforts. We are currently focused on critical issues facing Democrats in Ohio as well as on various local and statewide campaigns. We look for interns on a rolling and ongoing basis to assist with our daily operations. Interns will be responsible for helping to support the various facets of the coordinated campaigns. They are as follows:
- Field and Organizing
- Political Data/Targeting
- Volunteer and Voter Outreach
- Information Technology
- Voter Protection
- Political Caucus Organizing
The ideal candidate must be high energy, efficient, well-organized and be able to think on his/her feet. We are looking for people who can multi-task, work well with deadlines and under pressure and are strongly committed to Democratic ideals. Candidates with excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred.
Most intern positions are offered at our Headquarters in downtown Columbus. There are some additional positions available out in the field/throughout the state. There are opportunities for evening and weekend hours as well as during the regular ‘business’ day. We will accommodate school and work schedules. If you are enthusiastic, excited about politics and want to learn, this is a great opportunity to see things from the inside. This rewarding and valuable opportunity is a non-paid internship, but can frequently be applied toward credit for school.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].