Jobs and Internships
OHDC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Ohio House Democratic Caucus (OHDC) is currently seeking motivated, politically-minded individuals to join the OHDC Internship Program for the 2018 election cycle. Interns will work directly with a Democratic candidate for the Ohio House of Representatives.
Ohio House Democratic Caucus interns are expected to have the following qualities:
- Interest in politics, government, campaigns and/or public affairs
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
Ohio House Democratic Caucus interns are expected to perform the following tasks:
- Work with the caucus on upkeep and maintenance of donor database
- Donor research
- Produce weekly news clips of House candidates and opponents
- Analysis of campaign data
- Direct voter contact by phone and/or door
- Other duties as needed
Ohio House Democratic Caucus interns are expected to gain the following skills:
- Wide ranging-knowledge of campaign strategy and targeting
- Research and tracking techniques
- Data tracking and upkeep
- Familiarity with NGP VAN and VoteBuilder software
Applicants should submit a resume to Nick Tuell at [email protected]
with a subject line: “Internship Application”. Please include your availability and location.
Placement is flexible depending on your location.
The Ohio Democratic Party is seeking ambitious and hard-working people to support our coordinated campaign efforts. We are currently focused on critical issues facing Democrats in Ohio as well as on various local and statewide campaigns. We look for interns on a rolling and ongoing basis to assist with our daily operations. Interns will be responsible for helping to support the various facets of the coordinated campaigns. They are as follows:
- Field and Organizing
- Political Data/Targeting
- Volunteer and Voter Outreach
- Information Technology
- Voter Protection
- Political Caucus Organizing
The ideal candidate must be high energy, efficient, well-organized and be able to think on his/her feet. We are looking for people who can multi-task, work well with deadlines and under pressure and are strongly committed to Democratic ideals. Candidates with excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred.
Most intern positions are offered at our Headquarters in downtown Columbus. There are some additional positions available out in the field/throughout the state. There are opportunities for evening and weekend hours as well as during the regular ‘business’ day. We will accommodate school and work schedules. If you are enthusiastic, excited about politics and want to learn, this is a great opportunity to see things from the inside. This rewarding and valuable opportunity is a non-paid internship, but can frequently be applied toward credit for school.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].