Jobs and Internships
CAMPAIGN MANAGERS – OHDC
The Ohio House Democratic Caucus is currently taking applications to place Campaign Managers in targeted
races across the state.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted as soon as possible to be considered for our first round of
placement. Applications will be reviewed until positions are filled.
Description & Details
The Ohio House Democratic Caucus (OHDC) is the only organization solely dedicated to electing a Democratic
House in Ohio. From grassroots organizing to candidate recruitment to providing campaign funds for tight
races, the OHDC is working hard all year, every year to elect Democrats.
• Campaign Managers will be in charge of formulating a winning message for their candidate that
connects them with local voters, and draws a sharp contrast from his or her opponent;
• Campaign Managers will need to manage a campaign budget and field plan;
• Campaign Managers will have to determine where to target limited resources;
• Campaign Managers will manage all aspects of the campaign – finance, press, field, research, new media,
scheduling, event planning, and compliance.
• Candidate must have at least 1 cycle of campaign experience;
• Candidate must be well-organized, professional, and punctual;
• Candidate must have to ability to delegate work to his or her team;
• Candidate must have strong writing and strong communications skills;
• Candidate must be willing to work long hours;
• Candidate must function well in collaborative and team-oriented work environments;
• Candidate must have previous campaign experience, ideally in a variety of positions within a campaign;
• Candidate must be able to function well in high-stress situations;
• Candidate must be willing to relocate as necessary and have means of reliable transportation.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits
package is included.
Send resume and cover letter to Nick Tuell at [email protected] Applications will be reviewed until
positions are filled.
FINANCE DIRECTOR – CONGRESSIONAL
Progressive, well-connected, military veteran candidate for competitive midwest congressional campaign (OH-16) is seeking a creative and dedicated finance director for the 2018 cycle.
- Developing fundraising goals and fundraising strategy
- Researching and preparing call sheets
- Staffing daily call time
- Organizing, executing, and staffing fundraising events
- Coordinating outside group fundraising strategies
- At least one cycle of campaign finance experience preferred
- NGP experience preferred
- The ideal candidate will be organized and meticulous, love a fast-paced work environment, and have a good sense of humor
- Must be willing to move to the District for the duration of campaign
Competitive salary and benefits based on experience.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].
PAID CANVASSERS-TOP TARGETED STATE REP. CAMPAIGN
A top priority State Representative campaign in Franklin County is seeking part-time Paid Canvassers who are passionate about Democratic politics and who understand the importance of face-to-face conversations. You will be an important part of a robust field program aimed at victory in November. They will be trained in the most effective methods of persuasion, policy, and turnout. This position is temporary and will last ten weeks.
The salary for this position is $15/hour. It is a non-benefit eligible position and candidates will be expected to work between 15-25 hours per week for ten weeks.
– Speak with voters at their homes about the candidate and campaign
– Record the results of voter engagements
– A passion for politics and the political process
– Strong and passionate Democrat
– Ability to converse respectfully with everyone, regardless of politics or ideology
– Exceptional people skills
– Strong work ethic
– Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
– Strong communication and public speaking skills
– Access to a vehicle and drivers license
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
CAMPAIGN FOR OHIO – FELLOWS
The Ohio Democratic Party is seeking ambitious and hard-working fellows for the Campaign for
Ohio. The Campaign for Ohio will work with Democratic Candidates up and down the ticket in 2018
to reelect Senator Sherrod Brown, and take back Ohio’s Statewide Offices.
Gain firsthand experience in a top-tier, fast paced campaign environment, led by professionals from
the across the country. If you are enthusiastic about politics and want to learn about electing
Democrats, this is the way to learn how a campaign works.
Fellows will be responsible for helping in various facets of the Campaign’s daily operations.
Responsibilities will include:
● Recruiting and organizing volunteers in your community
● Learning how to utilize digital organizing tools
● Attending and working campaign events
● Working with local community leaders to facilitate outreach
● Engaging in voter outreach and data integrity
● Having fun and making a difference in your community!
The ideal candidate must be high energy, efficient, well-organized and be able to think on their feet.
We are looking for people who can multi-task, work well with deadlines and under pressure and are
strongly committed to Democratic ideals. Candidates with excellent oral and written communication
skills are preferred.
These positions will be available throughout the state. There are opportunities for evening and
weekend hours as well as during the regular ‘business’ day. We will accommodate school and work
schedules, with an expectation of a 10 hour commitment per week.
This rewarding opportunity is a non-paid fellowship, but can frequently be applied toward credit for
school. Fellows will gain invaluable battleground experience, and is ideal for any student considering
a future in politics.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
OHDC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Ohio House Democratic Caucus (OHDC) is currently seeking motivated, politically-minded individuals to join the OHDC Internship Program for the 2018 election cycle. Interns will work directly with a Democratic candidate for the Ohio House of Representatives.
Ohio House Democratic Caucus interns are expected to have the following qualities:
- Interest in politics, government, campaigns and/or public affairs
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
Ohio House Democratic Caucus interns are expected to perform the following tasks:
- Work with the caucus on upkeep and maintenance of donor database
- Donor research
- Produce weekly news clips of House candidates and opponents
- Analysis of campaign data
- Direct voter contact by phone and/or door
- Other duties as needed
Ohio House Democratic Caucus interns are expected to gain the following skills:
- Wide ranging-knowledge of campaign strategy and targeting
- Research and tracking techniques
- Data tracking and upkeep
- Familiarity with NGP VAN and VoteBuilder software
Applicants should submit a resume to Nick Tuell at [email protected]
with a subject line: “Internship Application”. Please include your availability and location.
Placement is flexible depending on your location.
The Ohio Democratic Party is seeking ambitious and hard-working people to support our coordinated campaign efforts. We are currently focused on critical issues facing Democrats in Ohio as well as on various local and statewide campaigns. We look for interns on a rolling and ongoing basis to assist with our daily operations. Interns will be responsible for helping to support the various facets of the coordinated campaigns. They are as follows:
- Field and Organizing
- Political Data/Targeting
- Volunteer and Voter Outreach
- Information Technology
- Voter Protection
- Political Caucus Organizing
The ideal candidate must be high energy, efficient, well-organized and be able to think on his/her feet. We are looking for people who can multi-task, work well with deadlines and under pressure and are strongly committed to Democratic ideals. Candidates with excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred.
Most intern positions are offered at our Headquarters in downtown Columbus. There are some additional positions available out in the field/throughout the state. There are opportunities for evening and weekend hours as well as during the regular ‘business’ day. We will accommodate school and work schedules. If you are enthusiastic, excited about politics and want to learn, this is a great opportunity to see things from the inside. This rewarding and valuable opportunity is a non-paid internship, but can frequently be applied toward credit for school.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].